Recumbent Exercise Bike Benefits
Are you looking for a new way to “spice up” your workout routine? Maybe you were fabulously fit at one point in your life, but you have let yourself go over the year. Now you want to reclaim that “inner fitness warrior’’ and are wondering how to get started. Have you considered trying a Recumbent exercise bike? Are you aware of the benefit associated with recumbent bicycles? If not, read on for valuable information about this form of physical activity you should know about and how it might help you achieve your physical fitness goals. Even for those who are well versed on this topic, you might.
As most people know, when it comes to home fitness, there are two basic forms of exercise bikes- the upright stationary and recumbent bike. In today’s mad – paced world, individuals are seeking out home workout options more and more to help stay in shape on their own terms. With that in mind, here are several benefits associated with recumbent bikes that fitness enthusiasts and or casual athletes should know about if they want to change up their workout regimen, desire to lose weight or someone is just trying to get back into shape.
- Exercise on your own terms – this is an excellent option for those who are looking to get into shape on their own terms and schedule. A recumbent model is compact and relatively inexpensive, so it is an ideal fitness tool for use at home or the gym. Moreover, the assembly is not complicated. It can fit into the corner of a room and you can pedal your way to better health while you watch tv or even work from home. Best of all home equipment allows you to work out on your own schedule without the worry or hassle of making it to the gym.
- Lower to the ground— for senior citizens and or those with mobility issues, physical activity can be a real challenge. Many individuals in these circumstances struggle with navigating much of the equipment on the market, including a standard upright fitness bike which requires a fair amount of flexibility. This situation is potentially dangerous for elderly people and or those with disabilities. With a recumbent model, you can simply straddle the device, sit down and start pedaling. Thus the risk of injury or falling off the equipment is negligible.
- Sound mind and body—it is widely recognized that a healthy body promotes a healthy mind and vice- versa. There is much credence to this notion of a sound mind and body. When we do not get enough exercise, our body and mind can be significantly affected. Case in point, a lack of physical activity can lead to depression. Thus, this form of exertion cannot help bolster fitness, but your mental health, as well.
- Back support— the seat on the recumbent version is designed to provide much – needed back support for those who suffer from back and other injuries. Moreover, it keeps its rider in proper alignment and helps promote proper posture to help those individuals with joint problems, back, neck, and shoulder pain. This can be beneficial on many levels for young and old riders alike.
- Various workout options – whether your doctor and physical therapist have you on a fitness program or you are a weekend warrior who loves to keep in shape, a workout regimen is available for you. Most recumbent models offer a variety of program levels, so you can take it slow and easy or you could push yourself to your limits if you are an athlete looking for a new challenge.
- Joint friendly alternative—the pedals on a recumbent version are positioned in front of you, which puts less wear and tear on your joints and body as a whole, as opposed to an upright model. With an upright bike, you are forced to exert pressure on the pedals below you and, as a result, you are putting additional stress and strain on these areas as well as your entire body, because these upright models do not keep your body in proper alignment and help promote better poster as opposed to a recumbent version.
As you can see, there are many benefits associated with recumbent exercise bikes you should know about and we have only addressed a few of them in this article. For more information on the best exercise bike for weight loss or best exercise bike for home use, it is best to consult recumbent exercise bike reviews and which brands and or models will suit your needs, fit your budget and help you achieve your fitness goals.